The NEW D4 work/rescue descender features a unique and innovative progressive cam action, which offers precise control at slow or fast speeds. The progressive cam works by way of one cam operating inside another cam, to provide a mechanical advantage and smoother control. The D4 is a double-stop device with an auto-lock function which is activated whenever the operator lets go of the handle.
• The body of the descender consists of anodised Aluminium.
• Panic brake function to stop descent in an emergency situation.
• The push button and location hole make the D4 descender simple to open and close for rope installation and removal.
• The D4 descender has three main functions descent, stop, auto-lock & panic brake.
• The progressive cam provides smooth control at high or low speeds
Descender D4 escape descender: Weight-655g MBS- 16kN Finish: Anodised
Body Material: Aluminium
Rope Size: 10.5-11.5mm (7/16”)
Connector: Aluminium Twist lock Karabiner- MBL: 25kN
Maximum User Weight: 240kg (551lbs) with a direct connection (Rope dependant)
Dimensions: Depth- 98mm (37/8”), Height- 140mm (51/2”), Width- 82mm (31/4”)
Standards: EN 12841, ANSI Z359, NFPA 1983